Friday, February 20, 2009

Moment of the day...


Today, it was 38 degrees here in Swaziland - plus humidity, and with very little wind. (I know you windchill sufferers will groan, but trust me...this is way too hot, when you're not used to it, for manual labour!)

So, I took many breaks to play with the kids of Enaleni, just to escape the heat. One particularly quiet girl was just happy to be by my side and hold my hand while we watched the chaos of a rousing soccer game. I started drawing shapes in the sand with my toe, just to pass the time - pretty much absentmindedly, while watching the action.

When I looked back down at my new friend, I realized that (like many children), she'd been mimicking my every move, and traced a heart with her toe. Yes, it makes a great picture that I couldn't help but capture. But more importantly, it makes an unforgettable print on my own heart that I'm happy my quick photog reflexes could share.

2 comments:

AmandaO said...

AWE!!! This is so sweet, Sarah! I hope you're having a good time!

Heidi Tessmann said...

so sweet! Can't wait to hear more about your trip :)