Sunday, March 1, 2009

Africa Pics


So I didn't get a chance to update y'all during my trip to Swaziland as often as I had hoped. Blame it on the 14 hour+ days that we spent working in over 38 degree C heat!
To make it up to you, I spent the last day in a marathon editing session to get my best shots ready and posted for your enjoyment!

Some background for context:
Riverwood Church adopted a small "carepoint" (kind of like a community centre) called Enaleni in Swaziland, Africa last year. Enaleni cares for the local community - providing two meals a day to children in this area hard hit by the AIDS epidemic. Our group of 20 was the first from our church to visit this important place, and I wanted to document our love for the people there and the many projects we were able to complete during our short visit. Enaleni: we miss you already!

No comments: