Sunday, January 11, 2009

Inspired Darkness

One of my favourite bands is Crooked Still from Boston. They have the most beautiful, haunting "new-grass" songs with surprisingly dark lyrics. So when I got the chance to portray the emotions of a song through photography for an assignment, I knew exactly what I had to do. Here's a series based on the song "Low Down and Dirty" by Crooked Still (lyrics available here, song preview available through ITunes.)

A HUGE thank you to Sheena for risking major frostbite to lie in the snow and look awesome for my shoot!

4 comments:

Scott Zielke said...

These are some amazing shots. They look very surreal. Good job.

AmandaO said...

I LOVE THIS SHOT! The sky! The lighting! The composition! This is totally a portfolio shot! YAY!!!

Sarah H-K said...

That Scott, Amanda. I had the idea for the longest time, and I'm happy it worked out so well...definitely one for the portfolio! :)

earDRUM said...

i really like the gritty quality of light and texture of these. they capture that dark side of the music really well.
the one of her sitting in the field is an amazing shot.