Friday, January 23, 2009

Fun with Mark

A break from performing with my dance group, Virage Dance Co., allowed me a new opportunity to try my hand at some dance photography last week. The low light of the venue also gave me an opportunity to really push the limits of ISO on my new 5D MarkII.



These were shot over two quick-moving dances (one foxtrot, one salsa) and a few 'party shots' at 5000 ISO. Most have only minor processing - some cropping, noise reduction, and a some fill light in Lightroom (with a few additions of fun preset styles for my own enjoyment!)

Although I would have liked to try different angles and a faster lens, I'm pretty happy with my first attempt at live dance photography. It certainly helped to know the routines inside and out. I'll have to cop out of gigs more often, so I can practice with my camera instead!

1 comment:

AmandaO said...

Great shots, Sarah!

Also, I'm jealous of your new camera. So very, very jealous. :)

AO!