Monday, December 1, 2008

Me...

Sometimes, folks just need to lighten up. Don't get me wrong - I have just as much baggage, issues, challenges, and wacko ideas as the next person. But life is too short to take myself too seriously. So, when for this self-portrait assignment, it was time for some fun, dammit!
Now, I know what you're thinking, but yes! even self-professed "creative-nerds" like me know how to have a good time - especially if it's a good ol' fashioned bluegrass hoe-down (just throwin' that out to all my fellow Folk Fest hippies).

Digging deep into the be-costumed depths of my tickle trunk (or in one case, forgoing the clothing option all together) I decided to portray some of my fav musical genres. Besides...I need some 'art' for the walls of my music room, and this was a cheap option!

4 comments:

AmandaO said...

Sarah H-K...you rock my world. I'm so impressed I'm almost speechless.

These are AWESOME. This is a fantastic idea!!!!! Lovely photographs, with just the right balance of humour and art.

YAY SARAH!!!!!!

AO!

cara said...

Sarah, this is soooooo good! I agree with Amanda, I'm so impressed too. Yay for a fun series.

Sarah H-K said...

aw shucks...it was just fun to do!

Sara said...

so so so good!!! such a great idea for the series. Amazing photos.