Thursday, September 11, 2008

...and here's the second!

I must be addicted...so much to say, so little time.

As many of you know, my Dad gave me my first camera when I was young - something I totally forgot about until the interview for PrairieView! I think his encouragement and pride in my shots was what initially got my interested in photography. Then, it was just capturing the interesting world around me. I'm also a writer, so I love to share stories through words and visuals!

This year I'm looking forward to
developing my skills, particularly in digital photo editing and in the darkroom. I also hope the challenge will take me creativity to new heights.

It will be a busy year indeed.

One thing you might not know about me...you may think my passion for getting muddy and sweaty while exploring the outdoors makes me a tomboy. But I'm secretly a dancing diva in disguise, and I even have a photo to prove it (just for all us photo geeks, see right). I dance professionally with Virage Dance Company (http://www.viragedanceco.com/about/performers) here in Winnipeg, a group that performs and teaches salsa dance, as well as latin, ballroom, jazz and other styles.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Photo: Virage Dance Co. in Vegas in this summer, shot by Natasha P Kartika

No comments: